The SPAYWARD Golf Tournament Rules
WELCOME TO THE 29TH ANNUAL SPAYWARD!
The SPAYWARD Golf tournament format is 4-man scramble. After all players hit from the designated tee, the best shot is chosen and play continues from that spot by all 4 players. Each chosen shot may be fluffed with the club head, but must be played where it lies -- NO club-length. Play continues in this manner until a ball is chosen on the putting surface (the green). At this time, the first player putts out -- others try to get down in fewer shots. There is no re-marking of putts. Upon the completion of each hole, scores must be recorded to avoid mistakes.
All players must arrive at the Refuge Golf Club on Sunday morning, no later than 7:45 a.m. The tournament fee payment of $80 (cash only) per team is due to the B.O.D. at check in on Sunday by 8:00 AM at the Refuge Golf Club. Teams will be released to their respective starting holes at 8:15 a.m. or later, depending on frost conditions. A shotgun start will be at 8:30 a.m. Saturday's tee times and Sunday’s starting holes will be set once all registrations are in and will be posted at www.spayward.com (this site) the Wednesday prior to the event. A two-stroke penalty will be assessed to any team that is late for Sunday’s tee time.
Saturday's leading team(s) will be handicapped on Sunday as follows: Each of the two highest handicapped players' (highest mid-season score turned in) tee shots must be used twice on each nine (front and back) during Sunday's round. Score cards must be turned in to the Board of Directors (B.O.D.) immediately after each round. In the event that we are unavailable after you finish on Saturday, text the team captain name and team score to (651) 503-2338. Those teams who text in scores must turn in their score cards to the Majestic Oaks Pro Shop by 5:00 PM. (After 5:00 PM = 1 stroke penalty). All score cards must be legible and signed by the team captain.
We ask that each member of the SPAYWARD tournamentact in a respectful manner toward other people and property at all times during the weekend. Team captains will be accountable for their team's actions while on the golf course. Behavior that adversely affects the reputation of the SPAYWARD tournament will result in individual or team suspension. Team captains are responsible for the following:
- 2017 SPAYWARD Tournament fee payment of $80 (cash only) per team to the B.O.D. at check in on Sunday by 8:00 AM at the Refuge Golf Club.
- All alcohol consumed on the golf courses must be purchased from the golf courses.
- Team consumes alcohol responsibly and uses a designated driver.
- Play fast enough to keep up with the group ahead of you.
- Sign and submit accurate score cards to the Victory Links Pro Shop before 5 p.m. on Saturday and immediately to the B.O.D. after Sunday’s round.
- No more than two riders per golf cart.
- Payment of four green fees per team is mandatory each day -- exceptions must be cleared in advance with the B.O.D. Teams approved to play with three golfers must rotate the fourth shot. The player playing the additional shot cannot hit consecutive shots, meaning that they must have another team member hit in between.
- One person per team pays for green fees, cart fees, and tournament fees.
The B.O.D. is committed to keeping the SPAYWARD tournament a first-class event. For the tournament to run safely and smoothly, we believe the above rules must be followed without exception.
A Box Lunch will be served to each member of the SPAYWARD immediately following golf on Sunday. All entry fees are returned to the SPAYWARD Tournament in the form of prizes and related expenses. The top 50% of teams will receive prizes or money. Drawings for additional prizes will be held for the remaining finishers (must be present to win). First place ties will be resolved on the practice green, while all other ties will be broken using the SPAYWARD SCORE CARD METHOD.
Awards ceremony will take place during lunch on Sunday.
SPAYWARD B.O.D. - Dave Arola, Ryan Arola, Dave Fischer, Jeremy Lukens